We welcome the opportunity to share more specific details about the
Robert Conte Foundation for Parkinson's Disease and Movement Disorders, Inc.,
a non-profit 501(c) 3 organization.
Our Board of Directors
Robert Conte, M.D.
Kathryn Greiner, M.D.
To provide activities that are structured specifically to assist with the special needs of those persons living with Parkinson’s disease and/or other similar movement disorders in the Brazos Valley, including:
- Instruction in exercise classes which may help those living with Parkinson symptoms to gain better motor control, mental focus, and development of physical core strength.
- Provide facilities and equipment to allow participants to engage in the program to the fullest extent of their given ability within a group setting that is supportive and challenging.
- Provide a conducive environment for participants to exchange, gather, share and learn about Parkinson’s disease and to foster dialog among each other regarding coping skills, along with techniques and tools that may help participants who have set goals to live successfully with Parkinson’s disease.
- Serve as a conduit to educate, inform and build awareness of Parkinson’s disease and movement disorders among the general population within our local community.
Our Coaching Team
Our Guiding Business Priorities and Principles
- Follow all applicable federal and state laws that affect non-profit businesses.
- Maintain regular books and records related to the corporation.
- Document all expenses with appropriate invoices.
- Document all income with appropriate receipts.
- Establish and follow appropriate guidelines for dealing with employees and volunteers including procedures to document performance expectations and reviews.
- Ensure that no person involved in the organization as a program participant, coach, volunteer, or donor is discriminated against in any manner.
- Establish a hiring process that is fair and consistent and does not discriminate against certain protected classes of employee applicants.
- Educate and train coaching staff and volunteers on all aspects of their jobs – including respect for each other, tolerance and acceptance of individual differences and the importance of care and compassion towards the population served by the organization.
- Commit to high standards for individual performance; making known the organization’s zero tolerance of the use of illegal drug, alcohol abuse, and inappropriate sexual comments or behavior while associating with or representing the organization in any manner.
- Maintain a smoke-free environment both indoors and outdoors during all activities related to the organization.
- Create an organizational culture that is supportive, loyal and committed to the cause of helping people with Parkinson’s disease.
- Utilize measurement tools to determine fighter and volunteer satisfaction regarding program services.
We are grateful for our volunteers who offer their energy and time to help us achieve our purpose.
If you are interested in learning more about volunteer opportunities, please contact us at
email@example.com and our volunteer coordinator will follow-up with you.
Our Financial Needs
Every Donation Counts – Even the Smallest Amounts
We appreciate the financial donations we receive to help us serve the local Parkinson’s community. We have received support from local businesses, such as Target, Inc. as well as individuals. This support allows us to expand our programs and outreach.
We thank the Youth Leadership Council of the Brazos Valley United Way who awarded the Robert Conte Foundation with a $1,000 grant to pursue an initiative to raise awareness about Parkinson’s disease in the Hispanic community.
Here is How You Can Support our Small, but Optimistic Piggy Bank
We are a charity registered with Amazon Smile. If you routinely or occasionally make a purchase on Amazon, you can use this opportunity to make a donation to the Robert Conte Foundation – and it will cost you nothing! This donation comes from Amazon’s charitable foundation program. Amazon simply asks that you identify the charity you wish to benefit.
Our unique charity link is: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/83-1384724
We hope you will help spread the word among your friends and family who may use Amazon to order products. This only works when folks commit to signing up via Amazon Smile. The amount may seem minimal, but we have long supported the philosophy that "every penny counts!"